Bulatlat.com is a nonprofit and alternative online publication. We present our news and analyses from the perspective of the people. (We have have been cited several times for this not just by the marginalized sectors we cover but also by our peers in the mainstream media. PJR Reports, the most authoritative journal on the Philippine press, has said that our stories and coverage of issues and events are “fast and complete,” “pro-active and perceptive,” and “timely.”)
But producing quality content costs money and resources, which is why we need your help. If you believe in what we do, please consider donating by clicking the PayPal donate button below or contacting us if you would like to donate through other means. Your donation is most appreciated and it will help us fulfill our mission to provide news and analyses that you otherwise would not find in the mainstream press.
BROWSE BY SECTION OR SUBJECT ››
OFWs & Migration
Labor & Employment
- Kentex is no aberration
- Is the Philippines prepared for another major disaster?
- A lesson in respect
- No country for old, even young workers
- Colonial mindset, nay sell out, knows no boundaries
- Dear kids, you are free to choose your life, but will you please try activism?
- Why I am not offended when somebody calls me a communist
- Maoism is the reason why the hills are alive in the Philippines
- How to write against the Left
- Why we should reject the sentimental activism of reactionary bureaucrats
- Mother’s Day (at ang biological at kapitalistang determinismo nito)
- Pagtatapos (o pagtatapos at pagiging gitnang uri)
- Infamous Blaze*: On Kentex workers and the struggle of labor
- Labor Day
- The neoliberal bane and the 3Ps (Peace talks, People’s pope, People’s war)
- ALBA’s Alternative
- Ubuntu GNU/Linux sa araw-araw na computing
- Communications surveillance sa traditional at new media
- Paggastos sa ICT ng Administrasyong Aquino, para kanino?
- Status update: Social Media at mapanghimasok na eksperimento ng Facebook sa ating News Feeds
- Refund SMS Now!
- West PH Sea for all!
- Pangibabawan ang agam-agam: Makakalikasan, mangahas makibaka!
- Aquino Resign: Isang Sangandaan
- Mining Act of 1995: Dalawang Dekada ng Karahasan
- Mining Act of 1995: Dalawang Dekada ng Disaster
- My father cherished Kapampangan verse
- The threats to the press, within and without
- Can US take a softer, wiser tack on maritime row?
- Foolhardy military steps to counter China bullying
- Prudent diplomacy best in handling maritime row
- Capital punishment as spectacle
- Not all cases of OFWs on death row are equal
- What’s in a race… or a gender?
- The Singapore proposition
- Right and wrong
- Ordinary people stand up for their rights
- Mary Jane Veloso is Flor Contemplacion 2
- The personal is political
- Aquino’s ‘last word’ on Mamasapano, the writing on the wall?
- Venezuela stands up to US bullying