Bulatlat.com is a nonprofit and alternative online publication. We present our news and analyses from the perspective of the people. (We have have been cited several times for this not just by the marginalized sectors we cover but also by our peers in the mainstream media. PJR Reports, the most authoritative journal on the Philippine press, has said that our stories and coverage of issues and events are “fast and complete,” “pro-active and perceptive,” and “timely.”)
But producing quality content costs money and resources, which is why we need your help. If you believe in what we do, please consider donating by clicking the PayPal donate button below or contacting us if you would like to donate through other means. Your donation is most appreciated and it will help us fulfill our mission to provide news and analyses that you otherwise would not find in the mainstream press.
BROWSE BY SECTION OR SUBJECT ››
OFWs & Migration
Labor & Employment
- Will these questions be ever answered?
- The truth, the bad and the ugly
- Uncovering the truth in the Mamasapano fiasco
- Canon fodder?
- Who’s afraid of Edsa People Power?
- How to write against the Left
- Why we should reject the sentimental activism of reactionary bureaucrats
- Why we should celebrate Edsa Dos
- How to surrender a United States Green Card in 3 easy steps
- Everything you wanted to know about Philippine politics but were afraid to ask the Left
- Mother’s Day (at ang biological at kapitalistang determinismo nito)
- Pagtatapos (o pagtatapos at pagiging gitnang uri)
- The neoliberal bane and the 3Ps (Peace talks, People’s pope, People’s war)
- ALBA’s Alternative
- Towards a Sociology of KM*
- Lady Justice, speak : On Jennifer Laude and US imperialism
- People’s Initiative: Is the new game in town worth the candle?
- Ubuntu GNU/Linux sa araw-araw na computing
- Communications surveillance sa traditional at new media
- Paggastos sa ICT ng Administrasyong Aquino, para kanino?
- Status update: Social Media at mapanghimasok na eksperimento ng Facebook sa ating News Feeds
- Refund SMS Now!
- Mining Act of 1995: Dalawang Dekada ng Karahasan
- Mining Act of 1995: Dalawang Dekada ng Disaster
- Mining Act of 1995: Dalawang Dekada ng Sinaid na Yaman
- Ruby and Seniang: A tale of two typhoons
- The life and struggle of Filipino domestic workers in United Kingdom
- Confronting the ugly face of war in Maguindanao
- Underdevelopment inertia
- Venezuela retaliates vs US interventionism
- Govt shields US role in Mamasapano tragedy
- Key issues to settle in Mamasapano tragedy
- Mythologizing the Police
- Mistaking power for virtue
- EDSA in context: An uprising 14 years in the making
- The Anti-Edsa call for war
- The coup against EDSA
- Venezuela stands up to US bullying
- Marching for authentic change
- Aquino and Mamasapano: Covering up for incompetence
- Epic fail in leadership, intelligence
- Beyond expectations