Bulatlat.com is a nonprofit and alternative online publication. We present our news and analyses from the perspective of the people. (We have have been cited several times for this not just by the marginalized sectors we cover but also by our peers in the mainstream media. PJR Reports, the most authoritative journal on the Philippine press, has said that our stories and coverage of issues and events are “fast and complete,” “pro-active and perceptive,” and “timely.”)
But producing quality content costs money and resources, which is why we need your help. If you believe in what we do, please consider donating by clicking the PayPal donate button below or contacting us if you would like to donate through other means. Your donation is most appreciated and it will help us fulfill our mission to provide news and analyses that you otherwise would not find in the mainstream press.
BROWSE BY SECTION OR SUBJECT ››
OFWs & Migration
Labor & Employment
- So much of economic growth hype
- Is the media campaigning for candidates in 2016?
- Economic crisis still afflicting the world
- Stop harassments, violations of due process, privacy
- Ruffling the feathers of conservatives
- What I think about rallies when I am marching in a rally
- The conscience of a radical or how the Left can join parliament and reject opportunism at the same time
- In defense of negativity and rah-rah activism
- Dear kids, you are free to choose your life, but will you please try activism?
- Why I am not offended when somebody calls me a communist
- Mother’s Day (at ang biological at kapitalistang determinismo nito)
- Pagtatapos (o pagtatapos at pagiging gitnang uri)
- Pabebe’s resistance, Empire’s strategy
- Collective project, radical vision: Ericson Acosta’s Mula Tarima Hanggang at Iba Pang Mga Awit*
- Hope and nation
- On work within and mass movements
- Infamous Blaze*: On Kentex workers and the struggle of labor
- Ubuntu GNU/Linux sa araw-araw na computing
- Communications surveillance sa traditional at new media
- Paggastos sa ICT ng Administrasyong Aquino, para kanino?
- Status update: Social Media at mapanghimasok na eksperimento ng Facebook sa ating News Feeds
- Refund SMS Now!
- Int’l People’s Conference on Mining 2015: A call for global solidarity vs destructive mining
- ‘Tatay Parago’ and the defiance of Paquibato
- Learn the lessons of Laudato Si, live its teachings through the people’s struggles
- Buhay na buhay ang pakikibakang kontra-mina sa Mindanao
- West PH Sea for all!
- Agriculture lag, other issues in final SONA
- Threats, harassments vs progressive groups
- Austerity, eurozone policies need to change
- Elitism in Phl banks; PWDs’ plight in BPOs
- Mindanao IPs cry: ‘Let us keep our schools!’
- Desperate times, desperate measures
- The dynastic political system and the scramble for Grace Poe
- Colonialism’s racist legacy
- Marcos Junior has outsmarted himself
- The Laudato Si encyclical: Praise be to Pope Francis
- Aquino seeks to define his administration’s legacy. But what legacy?
- The only deterrent to China’s aggression: Taking a cue from Vietnam
- How to water down an already watered-down Bangsamoro Basic Law
- Ordinary people stand up for their rights
- Mary Jane Veloso is Flor Contemplacion 2