Bulatlat.com is a nonprofit and alternative online publication. We present our news and analyses from the perspective of the people. (We have have been cited several times for this not just by the marginalized sectors we cover but also by our peers in the mainstream media. PJR Reports, the most authoritative journal on the Philippine press, has said that our stories and coverage of issues and events are “fast and complete,” “pro-active and perceptive,” and “timely.”)
But producing quality content costs money and resources, which is why we need your help. If you believe in what we do, please consider donating by clicking the PayPal donate button below or contacting us if you would like to donate through other means. Your donation is most appreciated and it will help us fulfill our mission to provide news and analyses that you otherwise would not find in the mainstream press.
BROWSE BY SECTION OR SUBJECT ››
OFWs & Migration
Labor & Employment
- Violence against women and children, a social malady
- Should we be content with trimmed down anti-cybercrime law?
- The rhetoric–reality divide
- A matter of political will
- The rise and rise of Manila’s informal settlers
- Waray as battlecry
- Gross National Survival: A Proposal
- Inspiring stories of 2013
- The False Window of Inter-generational Feminism: Notes on the Neoliberal Hijack of Women’s Emancipatory Struggles*
- Master’s tools (Notes on cynicism, labor, finance capital, and the art industry)
- Blood rush over bloodbaths | Still killing and dying for Hacienda Luisita
- Sarah Raymundo | Ideological lessons on the struggle over wages
- Diplomacy, not saber-rattling
- Shrink’ US Army to pre-WW II level?
- Has gov’t come to terms with jobless growth, poverty?
- Obama’s ‘secret war’ and diplomacy game plan