Bulatlat.com is a nonprofit and alternative online publication. We present our news and analyses from the perspective of the people. (We have have been cited several times for this not just by the marginalized sectors we cover but also by our peers in the mainstream media. PJR Reports, the most authoritative journal on the Philippine press, has said that our stories and coverage of issues and events are “fast and complete,” “pro-active and perceptive,” and “timely.”)
But producing quality content costs money and resources, which is why we need your help. If you believe in what we do, please consider donating by clicking the PayPal donate button below or contacting us if you would like to donate through other means. Your donation is most appreciated and it will help us fulfill our mission to provide news and analyses that you otherwise would not find in the mainstream press.
BROWSE BY SECTION OR SUBJECT ››
OFWs & Migration
Labor & Employment
- Lessons from the Mamasapano fiasco
- After the Pope Francis storm, what now?
- Different voices
- The last leg of the Aquino presidency
- Torture as official policy
- Why we should celebrate Edsa Dos
- How to surrender a United States Green Card in 3 easy steps
- Everything you wanted to know about Philippine politics but were afraid to ask the Left
- From Abra to Sarangani: The revolution in four deaths
- 10 Happy things activists always love to do
- Mother’s Day (at ang biological at kapitalistang determinismo nito)
- Pagtatapos (o pagtatapos at pagiging gitnang uri)
- The neoliberal bane and the 3Ps (Peace talks, People’s pope, People’s war)
- ALBA’s Alternative
- Towards a Sociology of KM*
- Lady Justice, speak : On Jennifer Laude and US imperialism
- People’s Initiative: Is the new game in town worth the candle?
- Ubuntu GNU/Linux sa araw-araw na computing
- Communications surveillance sa traditional at new media
- Paggastos sa ICT ng Administrasyong Aquino, para kanino?
- Status update: Social Media at mapanghimasok na eksperimento ng Facebook sa ating News Feeds
- Refund SMS Now!
- Ruby and Seniang: A tale of two typhoons
- The life and struggle of Filipino domestic workers in United Kingdom
- Tatay Francis Morales
- Minding the problem of monster traffic in Metro Manila
- Why emergency powers is bad for us
- American role in the botched SAF operation
- The Mendiola Massacre, other issues of justice, peace
- Political detainees on hunger strike: in 2015, in 1980-81
- Gov’t needs to create more and better jobs
- Can GPH-NDFP peace talks gain ground in 2015?
- Government can’t hide poverty, but not for lack of trying
- The Pope and climate change
- Why some are not Charlie Hebdo
- The Pope from the Third World
- Marketing Mr. Palengke
- Beyond expectations
- Welcoming the Pope of the poor to a country of the poor
- Torture by any other name
- Societal change: Learning from the lessons of history
- The festering problem at Hacienda Luisita